What you'll need:
- old dry markers
- plastic cups (one for each color)
- popsicle sticks (one for each color)
- freezer! ;)
- later on, I realized I'll need precision knife too... read it down...
What you do is:
- take apart markers and get the inserts with color
- pour water in each of the plastic cups
- cut the marker insert open with precision knife (it will help color to blend with water faster, we tried with plastic wrap on and it took ages!)
- place insert in cup with water and stir
- do it all over again with all the other markers you intended for this purpose
- you'll end up with something like this:
CAUTION: I've used some really cheap markers we received as a gift and they were not washable! If you have markers that are not washable, make sure to protect working surface as well as your own hands! I got stained with color all over my hands and now I have multicolor nails! ;)
After you're done with mixing colors, place them on the tray or directly in a freezer (if you don't have enough spare space like I usually don't!). After approximately 1 - 1,5 hours add popsicle sticks in each of the cups (or wait until water is half frozen).
I have left them over the night in our freezer and here is how they turned out:
Here is one of ours finished... think it will be wonderful for wrapping paper or some background scrapbooking! ;)
WE MOVED TO:
|Best Toys for Toddlers
Jump over and see what we are up to!
And don't forget to subscribe for our weekly newsletter!