Thursday, June 28, 2012

DIY Toddler Safe Needle


Sometimes I'm really thrown back by the things I can't find in any store near by. And then it bugs me until I don't think of the way to do it myself... This happened with my search for safe needle even a toddler can use. Well, no luck! So, I've decided to make one myself...

This is what I've used:

 Took me few tries to make a hole inside a stick without splitting a wood and making it useless. So, what worked at the end was to make a hole with punch and then gently broaden it using knife. Kind of like carving. And I've cut the needle to approximately 1/3 of the length of the whole stick.


 Needle is small enough to go through cardboard and it's still safe for my little girl. And that's what I wanted to accomplish. So, guess I'm done for now. ;)



If you're not up for making your own needles, you can purchase toddler safe on Amazon.com:


Note: This post is re-published from 2nd blog which I'm closing down as soon as all interesting bits and pieces are moved here since I don't have time to keep 2 similar blogs updated.

_______________________________________________________________________
WE MOVED TO:
best toys for toddlers
Best Toys for Toddlers
Jump over and see what we are up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say, share, play with us!